Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2010 Toyota Corolla ran when put in shop. Replaced both

Customer Question

2010 Toyota Corolla ran when put in shop. Replaced both fenders and hood and headlamps and bumper cover and never tried starting car while repairs were underway. No visible electrical damage. Had car on ramps and tried to start to move outside for my brother
to pick up and its just cranks. Rolled it of ramps put charger on it and after 5 seconds of cranking it started for 2 seconds and killed. I can smell gas like its flooded but it wont start. Oh and door locks keep locking themselves. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Your Toyota Guy replied 1 year ago.

There are grounds on the inside of both fenders, the grounds must attach to bare clean metal, if not then these problems will occur.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Corolla has no ground on either fender. The drives side apron has 2 grounds and they are fine. The car started up and runs fine, not sure why it did not start. Checked enhanced DTCs and it says bank one lean condition??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We Done???

Sorry never got an alert that you responded. Do you have the capability to look at the current fuel trims?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No . Maintanance required light stays on for about 10 seconds then goes out and the car runs fine... I did unhook battery for a time and charged the battery as it was low. It started after that and runs great just a maintenance required light on a for 10 seconds. Not sure what to think of that??