Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have a 2005 Toyota Rav 4 with check engine and VSC light

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Toyota Rav 4 with check engine and VSC light on. It is not effecting drivability of the vehicle at all, but throwing codes C1223, U0073, U0123, U0124, U0126, P0442 and P0046. No idea where to start. I have cleared the codes twice but they
came back
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

With all of those codes it looks like a communication problem in one of the modules somewhere. Do you have any drivability symptoms? Stalling?

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I would check here first:

1. Check the grounds at the passenger's front fender area. The ground is located behind the washer bottle. Remove the ground attaching bolt and then clean the bolt and the threads. Re-tighten the grounds.

2. Check the body to engine ground to see if it is attached.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the body engine ground? There are no issues with drivability, fuel consumption or anything. Runs perfect.
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

It runs from the fender to the engine block. It's easiest to trace it back from the fender, behind the washer fluid bottle back to the block.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need any more help.

If you are satisfied with what we have checked thus far please don't forget to rate. They don't pay us if we don't get a positive rating.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need additional information. I would love to help if you still need assistance.

Don't forget to rate. We don't get paid if we don't get a positive rating.