Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 95 tacoma getting codes p1300 and p0302. I know

Customer Question

I have a 95 tacoma getting codes p1300 and p0302. I know that one is igniter malf and other is misfire
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Truck runs fine for days. Then it will die and show code 1300. It will start but has no power under load. Let it sit for 30 or so min reset code and all is fine again.
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

I may be a bad coil pack, is it a 4 cylinder or V6? If it's a 4 cylinder does it have 4 coils one for each cylinder or a distributor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi it's a 4 cyl one coil. I changed the coil cap rotor plugs wires. and still have the problem.
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply

Does the engine idle normally or sound like the engine is misfiring? Are you still getting the code P0302?

The 1300 is an igniter malfunction but in this case it would affect all cylinders not just the #2

A couple of common reasons for misfiring other than electrical are tight valves or a bad injector.