Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Solara.. running lights flicker on and off.. I can hear the

Customer Question

solara.. running lights flicker on and off.. I can hear the relay in the car activating on and off.. wondering after checking fuses..if that should be replaced 1st
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris and independent contractor that helps customers here.

Do the running lights flicker in all light on settings, except the off position?

Are the interior lights effected?

Thanks for letting me assist you. I hope I met all your expectations.

Please make sure to complete the required rating when ready so I am compensated by the website from the site and question fees you have already been charged. If your not able to rate my response, let me know why, so I can help more, and stay in contact with you.

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Been busy with the holiday coming up. Will have to do some more trouble shooting regarding the running lights flickering whether the headlights are turned on or off and also checking the interior lights. Suspect some short or drain somewhere since the batter keeps dying on us (but we have not driven the car enough to keep it charged either). Was hoping for a more specific response (i.e. check the running light fuse or relay and remove / replace as needed..if that does not solve the issue it could be a faulty turn / headlamp signal on the drivers column) Although understandably, electrical issues are hard to solve.

I will be able to start providing some answers to resolve this once I can get just a little more information from the previous questions I asked.

Reply when ready.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the running lights flickering only in the on position. With them turned off, no issue. Interior lights are not affected at all during any operation (i.e. Work as designed)

Thanks, ***** ***** headlights or parking lights on. While flickering, monitor the voltage on the 10amp tail fuse. Is it steady and matching battery voltage or pulsing?