sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My name is ***** *****, Similar issue as above, on Passenger

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****, Similar issue as above, on Passenger side seat, have no motor response to move the seat backwards. Al other features seem to be working
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 1997 Toyota Landcruiser TRO and the front passenger seat is stuck in the most forward position. The motor moves the seat forward about an inch but will not reverse the seat
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure, how long is the wait?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may ave few things going on. There may be something foreign blocking seat movement, it could be the motor or a switch issue. If there is no response from the motor whatsoever then the switch is most likely, but it would take some electrical testing to know for sure.

Have you ensured there is nothing blocking seat movement?

From under the seat, when pressing the button to move it rearward do you hear any noise from the motor at all?