HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Tech/Toyota Certified
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have 1990 Toyota pickup 22re I put in new motor all wire

Customer Question

I have 1990 Toyota pickup 22re I put in new motor all wire hooked up all vacum hoses put new fuel pump and new EFI relay. replaced used Air Flow Meter, and I am still not getting fuel. I can squirt gas in to throttle body and truck will crank then die when fuel runs out
Category: Toyota
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello are you not getting fuel to the rail or no injector flow?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just went out and loosened the bolt on the cold start injector and I have fuel flow to it. trying to figure out how to test the fuel rail
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Okif you have pressure at the cold start injector you should have pressure to the rail. verify you have injector pulse with a noid light or test light.so you know if you are getting rpm signal which you should be having spark and it runs with carbcleaner

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used a est light today and when I turned motor over got no light. Tried 2 different injectors No.2 and 3 so different circuits.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok if you have no power to the fuel injectors then you may have a blown fuse, the 15 amp efi fuse typically does the efi system so double check all fuses ane check your grounds. if they all look ok, try shaking on the main wiring harness that runs through the intake, i have seen splicing issues or broken wires cause these engines to shut down

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks bud
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

No problem let me know what you find or if you need more help. Im here most everyday on California time. if I was helpful please hit accept and leave a positive rating so I get credit for assisting you