cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Tehnician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing all makes and models of cars and trucks.
36867192

2011 toyota sienna.customer came in with to prox keys and

Customer Question

2011 toyota sienna.customer came in with to prox keys and remote functions would not work.Tried to reset immobilizer and it will not accept any keys and dash will not turn on.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it may be in security lockout.Telling me to take it to the dealer does not help me.If you know a method to reset this condition please answer.If you do not then disregard,thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, first I need to know what scan tool you are using to reset the immobilizer or what procedure you are using so that I know that it is indeed the correct one for this vehicle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using a tko and keyless ride Hotwire.the immobilize we reset was successful but it seems to be stuck in add a key mode after reset.it says touch key to ignition and once I do that car beeps and it says place in passenger seat and once I do that it says "incorrect or previously programmed remote detected".after original reset ignition would turn on but will not now after that.led on push start will not illuminate.it shows zero remotes programmed and if I try to do another reset it says immobilized has been reset and it needs to add remotes now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More background is that I am a professional locksmith and have used these machines many times to program vehicles and have never had this problem.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, I am not familiar with that tool to be honest. Does it just do key programming or does it have the capability to scan control module for stored fault codes. If it does, we need to do that. If it doesnt, do you have access to a full function scan tool to scan for stored immobilizer fault codes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Hotwire has a dtc scanner but ignition has to be on to operate
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I will have opt out as I am not set up for phone calls. This will open it up to other experts to help immediately

Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to have to tell you, but a Toyota Sienna is in its own realm as you quickly found out, somehow Toyota has monopolized all Anti Theft repairs on these vehicles. But I do have a possible solution, when I ran up against these Sienna issues, I called my Tow guy , towed it to the dealer, marked up the Flash cost by the cost of the tow and had the dealership porter bring the vehicle back to my shop, so that my customer believed in his mind that i fixed his car, rather than just tell the customer he had to take his vehicle to Toyota. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, Please ASK me another question, i will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given, until you are completely satisfied with my answers.