Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a 07 tundra 4 door two wheel drive, cranks no start,

Customer Question

I have a 07 tundra 4 door two wheel drive, cranks no start, no fire or fuel it appears to me. Im looking at this thread from 4 years ago on this sire, I do not see a check engine light on when i turn the key to on position.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Whenever you do NOT see a check engine light illuminated withthe key in the "on" position, you have one of two problems:

1) the fuses for the fuel injection system and the computer may be blown

2) the fuel injection computer has failed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so ill check the fuses. Do you know whick ones i should check ie their location.

Actually, there are quite a few. Check under the hood and inside the vehicle under the dash on the driver side.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok all fuses good what next?

I would have a scan tool put on the vehicle and see if the scanner will communicate with the ECU. If not, it looks like you might need an ECU

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i tried scanning it at a friends shop, it wont scan the tranny or engine but will everything else. Any chance it could be a wiring issue like a short?

Not a short but an open circuit. You might want to look under the dash where the ECU is (on the passenger side) and look for poor wiring connections, corrosion and things like that which would not allow power to enter the ECU.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks ill check tomorrow and get back with you.

Ok. I'll be here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all connections at the computer look fine. no corrosion etc...

This would be rare, but it sure sounds like the ECU has failed. Assuming that the scanner is 100% compatible, and the DLC-3 connector under the dash has all of the wires securely connected, the ECU might have failed. Before you do anything else, get a different scanner and attach it. Not all scanners work on Toyotas.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will try that.

ok. Pls let me know