Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

My 2008 Toyota ghlander rear hatch does not work all the

Customer Question

my 2008 Toyota highlander rear hatch does not work all the time . mostly it doesn't. it has been to the dealer twice with no results. the service mgr. thinks it could be the motor, but he is not 100%. the door has never been hit. sometimes it will want to start but the system shuts down and the only thing you hear is a high pitch tone.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Please advise if the shop techs or the svc mgr "reinitialized' the power rear door. If not, this is what needs to be done next. The re initialization sets the fully open (to close) and the fully closed (to open) parameters. The tone sounds to me like the system needs to be reinitialized Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will relay your answer to the service manager

Ok

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer