cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Tehnician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing all makes and models of cars and trucks.
36867192

My 2012 toyota sequoia has the sunroof slightly open and it

Customer Question

Dear sir my 2012 toyota sequoia has the sunroof slightly open and it doesn't move at all. The buttons to slide it or tilt it make a clicking sound but the window engine mechanism makes no sound
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'd be happy to help! It sounds like you have a sunroof motor that has failed. Do you have access to a multimeter for testing?

Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

The wiring between the switch and the window motor need to be tested for power and ground, then test for power at the motor itself, if power is present , check ground if good ,window motor in sunroof will need to be replaced, some motors do not come separately from the sunroof unit, therefore entire unit replacement will be required, this is a job for a professional, it is labor intensive and involves removal and reinstall the headliner.Please RATE my service a 3 or above ,if for some reason you can not ,Please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.