Reggie Whiddon
Reggie Whiddon, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Lead tech at river regions auto
90546729

I have 1998 Toyota camry.... While changing the fuze i

Customer Question

I have 1998 Toyota camry.... While changing the fuze i accidentally ripped of one red wire.... Now the car is not starting.... No crank no start... All other functions are working i.e. lights, backlight, stereo etc. But the car won't crank.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can re attach the red wire that was ripped off properly and then re check the starting and operation of the vehicle this is the first place I would start to see if this resolves the issue here.If you are unable to do this at all or have already tried and repaired this and the car still will not start at all let me know so we can continue as well as let me know where this wire ripped from and what fuse powers it if you can.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a red wire which got pulled out when i was changing the fuze on my 1998 Toyota camry. The fuze box is under the steering wheel towards the driver door.The issue is that i do not know where this need to go.... Where does this need to be reattached.This red wire has a one inch blue fuze attached to it and has a black wire on the other side of the fuze.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have pics attached... I do not know where this wire need to be put back.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,after looking through my diagram info on this wire here unfortunately my info doesn't show the location of this wire.I will have to open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further here.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what happens next.... How long you think someone can respond to my question... I did attach 2 pics.
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Hello I did not see this wire in the factory service information either, which leads me to believe it is possibly the power supply for an aftermarket security system of some kind where are the pics you have