scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

RAV4 will not start after installing new battery. 2010

Customer Question

RAV4 will not start after installing new battery. 2010 limited . We think we did something to trigger the safety feature to disable the starter. The old battery was dead dead. So the electrical system is on but the start/stop will not turn over. Is keyless entry. Cannot find anything in the manual re starting if disabled.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Hello are you still there? Do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Do you know how to remove the manual key from the remote? There's a little button on the side of the remote, and the key slides out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know how .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now what? I know how to remove the key.
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Once you have the manual key removed from the remote, ensure that the car is off, close all doors including trunk and hood. Insert the manual key into the drivers door, turn it in the door to lock twice ( all doors should lock after this), then turn key in the door twice the other way to unlock the car. Then attempt to start.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car started after following the instructions. I did go through hell with the just answer website and PayPal to get the problem solved. Will not use this resource again.
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

I 'm glad you were able to start the car and resolve your issue. I do apologize for any issues you had accessing this site. Please rate the service I provided you with today. Thank you for using Just Answer!!

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you haven't accepted my answer do you require more assistance? If not please accept my answer and rate the service provided.

Thank you for using Just Answer!!