Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I have a 1998 Toyota land cruiser. I can here water sloshing

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Toyota land cruiser.
I can here water sloshing around in an area of the passenger door hinge post. Water is dripping down onto the passenger floor mat.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like the A/C evaporator housing has water collected in it due to a clogged drain hose, peel the carpeting back and you should be able to see where the drain hose where it exits through the firewall, pull the hose off, you can do this from under the hood, you may have to use a piece of stiff wire, like a coathanger, and push it into the opening to dislodge any debris that is blocking the drain opening.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem seems to be in a space in the body section running under the doors. There seems to be some sort of drain holes along the bottom of this section. I am thinking the water is coming down from the moon roof drain pipe in the door pillor which may be blocked at the lower end and therefore builds up on this body section, my thought is to drill some holes into this section as well as ensure the pipe from the roof is clear. I do not think there is any water coming from the area you suggested.
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply, that clears it up a little, look for drain plugs near the front at the botton edge of the body, I've seen this once before and remember removing a couple of rubber plugs to let the water out.