sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Have a 2007 tundra that I hooked a trailer to that had a

Customer Question

have a 2007 tundra that I hooked a trailer to that had a short. Trailer light and 4lo light are flashing and I ave a trouble code of computer control failure
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The four low light shouldn't be related to the trailer. If the four low light is flashing while driving it's usually because a shift into four low has been requested but conditions are not correct to allow a shift.

What module did you find the fault code in? Do you have the C, P, or U code number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for getting back to me, I will had it but not now. I will swing by Advanced Auto and get the exact code. I have tied to shift into and out of 4 lo to try and get the system to reset but no luck. The check engine light is on obviously, the traction control light is on and will not go off even when I push the button, the trailer tow light is flashing as well. Just thinking I never checked fuses, should have started there probably. will send codes when I get them.

Great!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, not computer failure, Code is C1201 - Engine Control System Malfunction, it read it as not confirmed. Confirmed codes were my Catalyst, which has been that way for almost a year now, and Transmission Range Sensor A Circuit, which could be 4lo relay. The other item is the camera does not come on in reverse now either. I appreciate the help and leading to what I need to do now and how not to be taken advantage of at dealer or shop I go to.Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
like the plane picture, are you pilot?. Have friends and family members that fly....they are no mechanics :)

I've flown a couple times but unfortunately I'm not a licensed pilot, I don't have the spare time or money for it!

Which engine do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it the limited 5.7
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with tow package
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand about the spare time and money. That is why I am on here first. I would like to be educated about this before I take it somewhere. I have a daughter heading off to college, "Out Of State" at that.

C1201 sets when there is an engine related issue that will affect traction control functions. Do you know what all P codes were set in the ECM?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no

The first step in diagnosing these issues will be to see what all codes are setting. You mentioned catalytic converter efficiency codes setting but there are more codes setting than just those as those won't cause the C1202 to set. Did Advance give a printout with all codes listed on it?