Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

92 corolla runs excellent sometimes then other times sounds

Customer Question

92 corolla runs excellent sometimes then other times sounds like its straining to accelerate then od light will start flashing some tupe of code
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to know where to begin with this repair the first thing you are going to need to do is to scan the computer system and see what the fault code and or codes are that are setting when the check engine light is coming on. If you can get this done and post back with them I will try and help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its an obd 1 hard to find around here and if you do they want to charge $50
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Yes I am aware its a OBD i system but unfortunately with out know the code any thing I could suggest would be just guessing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its the overdrive light that flashes codes and the cel does not come on
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The overdrive light flashes when the system sees a fault and when this happens the computer should set a fault code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check it out and get back to you
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay.