Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Amedee. I have 2002 V6 Toyota Camry that has an intermittent

Customer Question

Hi Amedee.
I have 2002 V6 Toyota Camry that has an intermittent connector on the solenoid. I know it's bad because I replaced the starter thinking it was the problem - it wasn't! The ST relay is operating properly, but the 'ground' from one side of the solenoid is missing unless I push on the connector. After this, the car will start properly one or twice, and then no more until I remove some of the duct work to 'jiggle' the connector.
I've spoken with several Toyota parts outlets, and the best that they can offer me is a new wiring harness. They apparently don't sell 'pigtails' at the stealership.
Aside from going to a junk yard (was there for 2 hours today, but whoever removed the starter from the sole 2003 Camry also clipped this lead from the harness), what can I do? Do you happen to know the part number for this connector? I'm going to see if a comparable part from a 2001 Camry will work.
Thanks - in advance - for your help.
Joe Burch
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you. Yes the 2001 Camry connector will work and you can find one for sale here..

If you want to order just the connector and install it, then here is it also......

Please let me know if this helps.