Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD which has some front end

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD which has some front end damage from a collision and does not currently start (it cranks but does not start). There is no fuel at the fuel rail and was wondering where the fuel cutoff switch is located to see if it needs to be reset?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

During the collision did the airbags deploy? Toyota doesn't use a reset switch, the fuel pump shuts off when the airbags deploy.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the drivers side air bag did deploy. So, will just fixing the airbag and airbag module correct this issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a way to temporarily bypass it to get the engine back up and running.
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

I don't really know of a way to by pass, what you can try is disconnect the battery for a few minutes and see if it will reset. How bad was the damage to the front, were any electrical parst like the fuse box etc impacted?

Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Be sure to check fuses, there may a chance that some fuses blew during the impact>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked all fuses and even replace some. All electrical connections in the front end seems all intact. I had to replace everything from the radiator support forward.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No damage at all to the fuse box.
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Ok, try disconnecting the airbags frtom the harness, remove the negative battery cable for a few minutes and see if the fuel pump circuit resets.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that. Thank you so much. Also, one more quick question.....I have a new airbag ordered from Toyota do I have to replace the Airbag ECM and/or get it reset? The seatbelt is also locked up.Thank you again for your time.
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Toyota recommends that the airbag ecu and the front impact sensors be replaced whenever the air bags are deployed, , the shoulder belts have to be replaced once deployed, they will lock in place