Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

We love our FJ WE have a major mouse problem. They have

Customer Question

We love our FJ WE have a major mouse problem. They have packed dog food into headliner and it rattles around. Can I get into this space to remove and possibly seal off. Thanks Danny Rodman Dgo. Colo. [email protected],com
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Rodent infestation is a very serious issue. DO you have any idea where the dog food is (front/middle rear)? If you know that, you can take steps to prevent the issue. Most rodent entry comes from them working their way into the heater box. From there, they travel up the A pillars of the vehicle (inside the plastic that surrounds the windshield) or up the D pillars (the rear most). If you were to take fiberglass cloth and stuff it into the access of the mice, they will not be able to gain access into the headliner. Using cloth will not deter them, they will chew it and make nests with the threads. Dropping the headline out is a very difficult job, and takes two people who know what they are doing. The seats need to come out, the side panels need to come off and the sunroof trim (if it has one) needs to come off. If you are not versed with headliner removal, you could easily crack or break it. If the dog food is close to the rear, a shop va will help out, and all you ned to do is lower the rear edge enough to slide the flat attachment in. Some ingenuity on the flat attachment mght get you a longer reach.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer