Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Looking at purchasing rebuilt title 2012 Toyota Tacoma - I

Customer Question

Looking at purchasing rebuilt title 2012 Toyota Tacoma - I had pepboys do pre purchase inspection - Current Codes
P1604 - Stability Malfn
C1241 lowhigh voltage supply
C1290 Abnormal Low point Steering
sensor
B1790 air bag sensor
U0151 - lost communication
Also Traction Control Light On -
Can these be reset? is there a way to clear to see if they reappear?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.

Clearing these codes should be pretty easy if they have the correct equipment(scantool). It's just like clearing any other computer memory. You are dealing codes from several ECU's... the codes with P are in Power-train (Engine) ECU, the B codes are in the Body ECU and the U0151 are for the Multiplex Communication System.

The P1604 code is very common across all Toyota models and can be ignored, yes, even Toyota says to ignore it.

The C1241 could be for a variety of reasons. Most often due to a low battery and or charging system issue.

The other three, C1290,B1790, U0151 are of concern. Also the fact that this is a Rebuilt title is not good.

Have you bought this yet?

Have you checked to see if your Insurance will even cover this vehicle (some do not)?