Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have 1996 Avalon that somehow gets in a start situation

Customer Question

I have 1996 Avalon that somehow gets in a start situation where it turns over very smoothly(sounds like no compression), and at other times it starts right up. I just don't see how this can happen.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Can you check the compression? I would like to know if its low possibly from a timing issue, valve sticking, or injectors leaking and washing down the cylinder walls.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.