Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Am having the very same problems. the abs and brake light

Customer Question

Hi am having the very same problems. the abs and brake light plus warning use to be intermitent now its on all the time.
regards,
Bruno
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

Is the check engine light on as well or only the ABS/Brake warning lights?

Have you had the diagnostic codes scanned yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have the check engine, the Brake and the warning sound.I have not scanned yet.Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before it use to be intermittent but after change the brakes pad it is permanent now.
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply

The check engine light can also turn the ABs light on because ABS is disabled after the check engine light turns on, the first step now would be to have a diagnostic scanner connected to the car to find out what the check engine codes are, then please let me know what code numbers there are so I can continue to assist in finding the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. about a month ago the check light turned on and i had scanned by that time it was indicating problems with exhaust sensor somewhere on top of the engine. i ignored and left it on, some time later it started with the others two lights. But what i am worried about its that i am loosing brakes when those two light plus warning sign goes on.
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** difficult to say what the problem may be without having some diagnostic information (codes), make sure the brake fluid level is ok, the problem may be a bad master cylinder, air in the brake system, malfunctioning ABS actuator.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yeh it can be! mainly because it got permanent since i changed the brake pads. but let scan again and see what it shows. after that ill get in touch again.
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, thanks for keeping me updated.