Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My instrument panel, speedometer, tach etc doesn't light up.

Customer Question

My instrument panel, speedometer, tach etc doesn't light up. At night can't read the gauges. Suspect blown fuse but don't know which one. Please help.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

What year make and model do you have? Do the head lights work and the tail lights?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 2005 Sienna XLE. Headlights & Taillights, including brakelights all work
We inspected as many of the fuses that the operators guide seemed to indicate might be the one. All appeared unbroken & functional..
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a simple 12 V test light or a voltmeter with a reasonable knowledge of how to use it? When you turn on the taillights or illumination does anything else work like the radio illumination or other switches and components? If they do and you turn the rheostat up or down does the intensity change? Are you 100% certain that the rheostat is not turned all the way down not allowing the illumination circuit to light up?