Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a 2004 toyota ghlander and changed tires. They could

Customer Question

I have a 2004 toyota highlander and changed tires. They could not align back wheels because the rear toe stabilizers were so rusted. They told me that they need to be changed first.
Do I go to the dealer or a body shop.
How much of a repair is this?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If the rear toe adjustment is rusted badly, you need to go to a dealer and have them inspect it. If the rust is too bad, the adjustment can pull out of the sleeve causing you loss of control. This is something that you do not want to put off getting inspected. The repair would involve replacement of the rear arms. Some of these vehicles are involved in a campaign where the rusted arms are being replaced due to his rust condition. Your dealer can tell you if your vehicle is involved in this replacement campaign.