Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a 2010 Toyota corolla that the VCS light comes on

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Toyota corolla that the VCS light comes on intermitted.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The VSC light is designed to illuminate when the sskid control system is activating. This is normal on wet roads, traveling over loose gravel, sand, wet leaves, etc. This would be especially common if the tires are worn to 2/3" " tread remaining or if the tires are over inflated.

Normally, if there is a problem with any of the sensors or the controller, the light will come on and stay on. This will also set a diagnostic trouble "code" in the memory of the controller. This allows us to extract the code or codes with a computer tester to identify whare the trouble is. If the light does not stay on and there are no codes, it seems that the system is working properly and you are experiencing driving on some type of road surface where the tires are loosing traction for a second or two.

tires worn to 2/32" of tread, or, if you have 2 new tires on the front and reasonably worn tires on the rear.