Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

My vsc, asb, check engine, and track off light all went off.

Customer Question

hi, my vsc, asb, check engine, and track off light all went off. I took it to my mechanic and he connected it and it said that there is a miscommunication in the computer of the car. he reset it and the check engine light went away but the others are still on. any ideas? its an 04 avalon xls
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The ABS as well as the VSC lights come on when the computer system sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. If your mechanic is not able to retrieve the fault codes then there may be an issue with his scan tool. You are going to need to have the system rechecked with a Toyota compatible scan tool. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
his scan tool does work. the fault code stated that there is a lack of communication with the computer and the car. so even though there is nothing wrong with the car the computer thinks that there is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he even cleared the computered and the check engine light went away, however the vsc abs and track off lights are still on
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If the lights returned then there has to be some codes setting, unfortunately ABS and VSC codes can not be read with a code reader and to retrieve them you are going a full scan tool.