Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2008 ghlander Hybrid and the drivers side and

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Highlander Hybrid and the drivers side and sometimes to passenger side floor has water after a hard rain. The windows, doors and sunroof are closed of course. In reading some other posts some people have stated the drain lines from the sunroof or by the front windshield (I have cleaned any leaves and such from the area at the bottom of the windshield) could be clogged. If this is the problem, how do I find them and clean them out?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. What you probably have is clogged sunroof drain tubes. Here is how to check: Open the sunroof. Take a watering can (the kind with a spout), and add water to the front of the sunroof opening ledge. Water should drain out via two 3/8" holes hidden in the front edge of this ledge. These are where the tubes connect to drain the water to the exterior of the car underneath the floor. Add water and see if the water drains out from under the car. The stream of water draining should be rather good, not a trickle. If you have a trickle, or no draining at all; the drains are clogged up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Do you still need assistance on this request? If so, please advise. You asked for a phone call and I sent the necessary screen to you to proceed. Thanks.