Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2010 toyota prius. I was trying to change out my

Customer Question

I have a 2010 toyota prius. I was trying to change out my dvd from the navigation system and the disc was kinda stuck. only a little of it came out. I pulled it out. when I did that the other disc wouldnt go back in. I read on the internet to disconnect the battery and wait 5 min. When I connected it again the navigation is black and it says no disc. Now my ac blows warm.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, to properly reset the systems, you need to disconnect both battery cables and clamp their ends together for 10 minutes, then unclamp and reconnect both cables

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you saying take the positive and negative cable and put them together(touching one another) for 10 min?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

correct. this is what discharges the capacitors and resets the controls modules to factory parameters without use of a scan tool

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
didnt work. I attempted it 2x. and still nothing
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Did the new dvd go in easily or did you have to force it in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it wouldnt take the new dvd. It wont even take the old one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
before me unplugging the positive and negative at least the radio worked. after no radio no cold air and black screen on the navigation saying no dvd
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, I misunderstood. I assumed you were able to install the new dvd. That means that there is an internal issue with the dvd loader or laser being off its track that runs it.

The radio will likely just need the security code inputted. It should be on a card in your owners manual

The ac is tied in with the navigation system circuit wise and will work when the navigation system is restored.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
checked all my books and no code. how will I get the code? But if i did have the code the screen is black. none of the buttons changes it. how would i input it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Went to dealership. No code. Needs new radio and needs the Ac to get recharged. 226 for AC they need to wait for California for radio info