Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

The moonroof on my 198 Camry is stuck in the slant position

Customer Question

The moonroof on my 198 Camry is stuck in the slant position and won't close. There is some plastic damage to at least one of the side tracks. At this point I only want to be able to get the moonroof fully closed and am no longer concerned with it being operable. What do I need to do to get it into a permanently closed position? Thanks.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to close the roof you are going to need to lower the headliner and remove the motor (drive gear) . Once the motor is removed you should be able to force the roof shut. See the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Drive%20gear%20Nov%204.pdf