Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Genchi. I plan on replacing the trunk of my 2002 Corolla

Customer Question

Hi Genchi. I plan on replacing the trunk of my 2002 Corolla tomorrow. Are there illustrated instructions on how I may disassemble the wiring and removing the damaged trunk?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

I show this as a unibody and the trunk has to be cut out and new section welded in. If you have a photo of the damaged area and can upload it here, it would help in telling you how to best go about this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric,If you look closely at the image where the trunk is open, there are two bolts attached to the arms on each side of the trunk that connect to the trunk lid. So I think this is not a uni-body as you had mentioned. The damaged area is the dented area on the image where the trunk is closed.Mike
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

ok, I thought you were referring to the trunk shell compartment, which is a unibody. You are referring to the trunk lid itself, which of course is a separate part.

Ok, just need to know if it is a 2 or 4 door and I will see if I have directions to replace the trunk lid, transfer parts and align the new one