scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

Just wondering if you can help I have a 96 Toyota Celica

Customer Question

Hi guys just wondering if you can help I have a 96 Toyota Celica Coupe is has just recently developed a beeping noise behind the dash. car still runs. But there is a green light come up on the right hand side of the Speedo. Any idea what this could be. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

When does the beeping noise occur?

What does the green light look like?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It starts when you turn the key it kinda sounds like a video game noise to start with. then a single beep with a 1 second interval the green light is just as tiny indicator underneath the fuel gauge
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

I would suspect an aftermarket security system or anti theft device, Its possible you have one of these installed and the internal battery is dying in it and it is starting to cause the beeping noise. I do not think there is supposed to be any green indicator light under the fuel gage, may.e this is part of the after market system? Could you send a picture of the light so I can verify whether its a aftermarket light?

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you haven't accepted my answer do you require more assistance? If not please accept my answer and rate the service provided.

Thank you for using Just Answer!!