scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

P0101 Mass Air Flow Circuit Range Performane P0102 Mass or

Customer Question

P0101 Mass Air Flow Circuit Range Performane
P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit low input
P0113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input
P0121 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor / Switch 'A' circuit range performance
P0123 Throttle Position Sensor / switch 'A' circuit high input
P0351 Ignition Coil 1 primary / secondary circuit
P2103 Throttle control motor relay circuit high
P2111 Throttle Actuator control system stuck open
P2119 Throttle Actuator control, Throttle body range
P2135 Throotle pedal position senzor / switch 'A' / 'B' voltage correlation
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My runner was working fine. Then overheated. Replaced engine and now it tries to start, turns on and dies inmediately after turning on. A m
friend checked for fuel pressure and it seems to be fine. Timing is ok. Remote control is programmed. Im getting all these codes
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Were all of these codes present immediately after the engine replacement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
these codes showed up after the engine replacement. We alteady replaced camshaft/knock sensors and the harness for knock sensors. It also has new plugs, air and gas filters. New spark plug coils.
The engine starts every time but turns off after 1-2 seconds.
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried clearing the codes and seeing what returns. I'm just trying to find out if some of these codes are only relevant to sensors being unplugged while doing the swap. The P 0102, p0102, p0113 look like they may have been caused by having key on while Mass air flow sensor was unplugged.

When you say replaced engine, did you replace it with a used bone yard engine? If so was the harness from the bone yard engine installed? Also was the throttle body from the bone yard engine installed?

What was the reasoning for the knock sensors being replaced? I don't see any codes for this.

What was the reason for the camshaft sensors being replaced? I don't see any codes for this either. Was there codes for these previously.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already cleared the codes and I dont see any changes.
The replacment is a bone engine. It came up from a junk yard.
These sensors were replaced on a suggestion from the mechanic who made the engine swap.
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

What engine harness is installed in the vehicle, the original harness?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has the original Harness
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Do you have access to a scan tool? We will start with the lower numbers first , as in the Mass air flow sensor codes. With the scan tool can you view Intake air temperature value, we need to look at what the value is, if it is -40 degrees you have an open in the circuit and this would explain the P0113 being set. I suspect something may have been left unplugged.

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to be looking through the wire diagrams for this to see if there is a common connector that would cause all these, but please clarify whether this is a V6 or V8 engine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a v6
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to check if the Intake air temperature reading was at -40?

Attached is the test that needs to be preformed, step one if verifying what the reading is for the Intake air temperature.