Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Changed alternator started car up let it run mins turned car

Customer Question

Changed alternator started car up let it run for 30 mins turned car off it wouldn't start again everything lights up on dash when o turn key on but get no sound or headlights
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. As I understand the issue, the car will not start, you do not have any headlamps, but the instrument panel lights up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This sounds to me like you have a defective alternator. Running the car for 30 minutes, and the alternator is not charging the battery will cause the car to 'run' off of the battery. Over time, the battery will discharge.

I would return the alternator the the place you purchased it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer