HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Tech/Toyota Certified
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

My 93 toyota camry stalls at stops when it gets warm

Customer Question

Category: Toyota
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, is this a 4 cylinder engine? Have you jumped across terminal Te1 & e1 and watched the check engine light flash out trouble codes? Will it restart and run once it stalls?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Hdene
This is V6 model so 6 cylinder engine.
I do not understand what you mean by "have you jumped across terminal Te1 & e1 and watched the check engine light flash out trouble codes?" I have not tried.
Sometimes it restart but most times it will not restart. Sometimes it restart after many hours and sometimes not.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok Under the hood near the drivers side firewall area should be a small box either gray/brown or black in color makred diagnosis/diagnostics. pop the cover off it and there are wire terminals abled inside the cap. You want to take a jumper wire or paper clip and jump across terminals marked T or Te1 and E1 and turn the key to on and if done correctly the check engine light will flash a series of codes on and off. A pass coe 11 will blink once pause once for instance. wait for the light to blink all codes and let me know what you have if any to start

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am at work right now. Once I go home and test it. I will let you know the code.
By the way, what do you mean by saying jump across terminals ? Does it connect the two with paper clip ?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Yes jump from te1 to E1 with a clip and turn the key to on with a jumper wire or unwind a paper clip to short the two terminals together, thats how you enter diagnostic mode

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello did you pull any codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Actually, my car is in the repair shop. When I bring my car back and test your suggestion, I will get back to you. Thanks,
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok just checking. let me know if you need more help or information. if I was helpful please hit accept and leave positive feedback so I get credit for assisting you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure. Let me do that when I am done with questions. I do not expect that the repair shop will fix the problem. I will get back to you as soon as I pick up my car. Is that okay with you?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Of course!