scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

I have a 2014 Toyota Avalon and my gas door will not open.

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Toyota Avalon and my gas door will not open. Normally I just push in the right edge and it pops open. seems like the magnet is not letting it go?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

There is an emergency fuel door release, see attached picture, it is in trunk, next to trunk hinge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did not work. I found the emergency release based on the diagram but it did not pop the door
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Is there any damage to the out side of the fuel door? Has there been any body work to this area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No damage or body work. I eventually used a big screw driver and large pliers and forced it open . I padded the area and it left no marks. Once I got it opened, I closed it and it worked fine. It felt like I broke something when it opened but I dud not see any damage
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue. Thank you for using Just Answer!!

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you haven't accepted my answer do you require more assistance? If not please accept my answer and rate the service provided.

Thank you for using Just Answer!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately the answer provided did not work. Because I will be charged for something that did not work, I will not use your service again. I was hoping it would work and would have been glad to pay for the information. Unfortunately I had to open the gas door with tools on my own.
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

OK, sorry that we were unable to help you, I will forward this to Customer Service for a refund.

Thank you for using Just Answer!!