Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

Having issues with 2011 tundra. ABS, Traction Control light

Customer Question

Having issues with 2011 tundra. ABS, Traction Control light stay on and 4hi 4lo blink. Dealership say VSC module ($2500). Could it be the YAW sensor?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the VIN available or the codes the dealer would have pulled from the ABS/VSC computer to determine the Module was bad?

Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Since the ABS and Trac lights are on, there ought to be diagnostic codes present in the memory of the control unit. DO you know these codes? If the dealer is suggesting a computer, they had better be 100% correct. This is not a common replacement part. Either they did not diuagnose the issue fully or they are guessing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did not throw a code. I don't think they know what the issue is. Another mechanic suggested I have a zero calibration test done. I did not have an issue until I pulled my trailer.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

If you remove the negative battery cable to erase the codes does the VSC light stay on? Do you have the vehicle identification number available?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try unhooking cable after work. 5TFUM5F11BX021369
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Ok I did not find anything with the codes related to the vehicle identification number. Let me know if the lights come back on.