Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

My 97 4Runner started sputtering occasionally, then died.

Customer Question

My 97 4Runner started sputtering occasionally, then died. Started up twice for about 10 sec, now nothing. Checked efi relay and fuse, and circuit opening relay. Dropped tank and checked fuel pump, bench tested pump and works great. Not getting voltage to the blue and orange wire.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and stay running you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse, proper fuel pressure (32 to 37 PS and good compression. In order to be able to begin to help you you need to check each one of these thing and determine which one you are lacking and post back with the results and we can work from there to determine the cause.