Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2008 Toyota ghlander has had water problems first in the

Customer Question

2008 Toyota highlander has had water problems first in the front and now in the back. Toyota says problem is in the rear somewhere and they have to do four hours of work to take off side panels, etc. to find what the problem is. Is there a better way? How can the water problem be repaired so it doesn't recur practically yearly (three times in the past four years)?
Toyota now says that the trunk area is filling with water and the rear seat area is getting wet from the water sloshing around.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Highlander.

Are you saying that all these leaks come from the same area?

With the water in the front and now water in the back, it sounds like these leaks are occurring in different spots.