Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Engine will not idle up. No response from gas pedal.

Customer Question

Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

What liter engine do you have?

Have you checked or replaced anything so far?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 4 cylinder 2.4 liter. I have changed the ignition switch fuse, the 100A alternator fuse, and the vaccum relay switch on the breather. The car would not start and when we finally got it started, it only idles and there is no response from the foot pedal. I think this is an electrical issue. Please help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would a phone call be faster?

Thanks, ***** ***** means the throttle body has failed. If you have a diagnostic tool we can diagnose this with the codes. If you do not have one then remove the air intake tube. Clean the throttle bore and plate using something like brake cleaner and a tooth brush. Then disconnect the battery for a minimum of 30 minutes to reset the computer. Try this and let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have access to a diag tool. I will go get it. Could this be the result of hooking jumper cables up incorrectly? I jumped it and had the cables wrong. That is what blew the alternator fuse, but I didn't know it would hurt the throttle body. Or is this just a fluke?

When hooking up jumper cables wrong this can damage many electronics including components, computers, fuses, relays, and diodes.

I hate that you came here wanting and paying for help and appears to me you left not happy, and found my assistance not worth rating. I am still here to help if the problem is your needing more assistance on this concern.

Chris