Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

How do I turn the engine switch off and on in my Toyota

Customer Question

How do I turn the engine switch off and on in my Toyota Tundra 2009
Category: Toyota
Expert:  CARTECH replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I will try my best to help you with your concern. What do you mean by the engine switch? What is the issue you are having? Are we talking about the check engine light? The ignition switch?

The more information you can give me the better I am able to help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maint. Required. Light is on and to turn it off, I have been advised that one must go through resetting trip A while turning off the engine switch. I simply wanted to know if there is an engine switch or how one resets the Maint. Required Light.
Thanks
Expert:  CARTECH replied 1 year ago.

to reset the maintenance light, first make sure the odometer is reading trip A. turn the key off and hold down the reset button. turn the key on while continuing to hold down the button. the maint light with flash or you will see dashes counting down. wait until the count down is over, usually about 5-10 seconds and release the button. turn the key off and then turn on the truck. light should be reset.

let me know if you have any other questions