Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I am looking in too a sienna 06 limited awd and 100 k miles

Customer Question

I am looking in too a sienna 06 limited awd and 100 k miles what do you think
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The Sienna product is a very good and reliable automobile. With 100 K miles on it, you need to be very sure that the engine and transmission have been properly maintained. If you can, get the sell to remove the front valve cover for you. Look to see if it is clean inside where the camshafts are, or, its there a thick black greasy buildup? If you see the thick black grease, do not buy it. This is sludge and this only comes from an engine that did not have a lot of proper maintenance (oil changes, etc).. Next pull the oil dipstick and ensure the oil is clear yellow and not black. Pull the trans dipstick. The fluid should be reddish and clear. Do not buy it if the fluid is black and smells burnt. If the seller will not pull off the valve cover for you to check for sludge, you need to pass on this auto. If the maintenance was done right, the seller has nothing to hide.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer