Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2012 Rav4. Trying to find a power source seat

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Rav4. Trying to find a power source for DIY seat heater. My instrument fuse panel is completely different from that shown on line or in my manual. Am I missing something?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Do you have power seats? Do you need individual power supplies for both seats or just one main power supply going to the module that then splits itself in the two seats?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No power seats, Just looking to install the seat heater in the Driver's seat. The unit has it's own 20a fuse. I found 2 empty fuse locations in the under-dash panel, however, they are always on - not switched with the ignition.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the fuse jumpers to take a fuse out then install the jumper and then reinstall the fuse and tie into the jumper on the Hot side of that fuse or are you going to need a wire to tap into?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As stated in my first query, my Rav does not have the fuse panel as pictured in the owner's manual under the dash panel. There are no conventional fuses equipped. There are 2 fuse positions, however, both are constant 12v supply - they are not switched with the key. I bought the car new very late in 2012, the end of the production run of this version. Looks like Toyota made a change at the end of the run, hence my puzzlement. If I had any fuse positions in this location, I would absolutely use an "add-a-fuse"..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I finally found the interior fuse panel. No further assistance is required.