Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

I have an 05 scion tc with automatic tranny. reason all my

Customer Question

Hello I have an 05 scion tc with automatic tranny. For some reason all my gears went out. It hoes into gear Bt it would not go forward or reverse. Pls help I'm stuck here at work
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Just to clarify you change the transmission fluid and the filter screen and how far did you drive it after that? Are you 100% certain that the fluid level is full? Did you use the proper transmission fluid? When you manually shift the lever to the low position does it engage? Have you rechecked the fluid levels that you drove it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just changed the transmission fluid here at work to see if that was the problem Bt it didn't fix it.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Was the problem there prior to doing the fluid exchange?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay transmission quit before I changed the fluid. it shifts into all gears Bt it won't forward or reverse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once I put it into D i press the gas pedal Bt it just revs up like if it was on park or neutral
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the problem still there,changing fluid didn't fix anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello you still there can someone help me pls.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

. You are 100% certain that the level is full and if you manually shifted to the L position will it try and move forward?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's the amount it have in there? It will move forward even on low position
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

The drain and fill on the pan usually takes about 3 to 4 quarts. Did you mean to say that it will not move forward even in the low position?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My bad it will not move forward on low position or any gear.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I do not have good news for you if the fluid is full and it won't move in reverse and if you manually shifted to low this is not electronic problem this is strictly a hydraulic/mechanical problem inside the transmission. Reverse and the low position do not use electronics.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you're saying unfortunately it need another transmission?
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Yes or have it rebuilt but used is probably the cheapest option.

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Please do not forget to rate the information that I provided you at three or higher. If you have any other further questions feel free to reply and I will get back to you.