Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

The tail and dash lights on my 1997 corolla are shorting the

Customer Question

The tail and dash lights on my 1997 corolla are shorting the 15 amp fuse. I changed all the bulbs and tested each part individually. Short is not related to faulty bulb or socket. Could it be the taillight relay?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This is usually due to a fault in the wiring running to one of the tail lights or park lamps.I have seen wiring short out as it rubs on metal on the body causing this issue here.If you have not inspected the wiring for any damage at all this needs done.If damage is found it will need repaired to correct this here.In some cases this can take some time to locate the short by tracing and inspecting the wiring fully.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.