Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

2007 Toyota Four -Runner passenger side rear seat belt is

Customer Question

2007 Toyota Four -Runner passenger side rear seat belt is stuck all the way out. It is twisted
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Please advise if the twist is causing the seat belt to not retract Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is. We have tried twisting it back into place with no luck. Do we have to remove the panel and will that affect the tiny airbag under that panel?

You will not affect the air-bag unit. Yes, it sounds like you need to remove the panel and twist it back into place. Before you do that, can you take a picture of the twist and post it here so I can be sure? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are two photos. Need advice how to remove panel please. Thank you.

This is a very labor intensive job. The rear seat needs to come completely out. All of the rear and side panels need to come out. This allows the top side panel to come out. To be honest, if you have never removed trim panels you are probably going to break something. This job takes a good Toyota tech (who knows what he is doing) about 2-2.5 hours. If you are not familiar with trim panel removal, you may want to consider taking this to a Toyota shop.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very discouraging response . . . So, with nothing to lose, I just pulled it all the way out and it corrected itself. Thanks

Glad you got it. I did not mean to be discouraging, but breaking that panel is a 500 dollar mistake. We always err on the side of caution.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The truth can be discouraging sometimes. Glad I didn't try the panel. Thanks for the warning and your help.

You are very welcome. Glad to help. It is important that I am 100% honest. I would not want you to come back 5 minutes from now very mad because the panel cracked and I did not caution you. Thanks for choosing Just Answer.