Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have read one of your previous responses to a 2002

Customer Question

I have read one of your previous responses to a 2002 Highlander having parking light problems. I have unplugged the wiring harness behind the drivers side kick panel and the fuse still blows when I turn the park lights on. I realize that that means that the problem is in the front. I have replaced the front headlights a few weeks ago. Didn't notice the running lights being out. They may have been. However the turn signal still works in the front and rear on all lights. I wonder if it could be the switch.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. A problem in the switch is most likely not the issue. I would suspect corrosion at the bulb sockets to be more of the problem, or, if this vehicle has a harness fitted to tow a trailer, that is usually the most common problem. I assume that the fuse that is blowing is the 10 amp TAIL fuse. Is this correct? Please advise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the 10 amp fuse. TAIL. I removed the bulbs from the rear and it still blows. There is no evidence of corrosion and it doesn't have a tow harness. I did install new lights for the front. The park lights are out in front also. The turns signal bulbs work. I think they are the same bulb. I've run out of things to check.

ALl of the running lights are on the same circuit, front and rear.

There is a connection behind the driver side inner panel in the rear hatch area. 5 green wires. I would locates this connection and disconnect it and then retest.