Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2005 Avalon and I can't open the trunk with the

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Avalon and I can't open the trunk with the remote or with the push button inside. I need to get in the trunk, what am I doing wrong. I have never had this problem before?
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the security light glows solid and I can open the locks with the remote and the door but not the trunk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also disconnected the battery and reconnected it and after I got the alarm to be quite, I still have the problem of not opening the trunk
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Please open the glove box door. On the left side of the glove box there is a pushbutton switch. This is the master disconnect for the trunk lid. Press it and retry to open. Advise if this works. Thanks