Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

My name is ***** *****. I am trying to find out how to

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, My name is ***** *****. I am trying to find out how to replace my sun visors on a 96 Totota Avalon
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure. One fo the mirror doors for the vanity mirro has broken on the drivers die visor and I want to replace/repair it. The lights still work on it. Also, on the passenger side, the cloth is coming off of the visor. I tryied to fix it with some spray glue, but its not holding well. The electrical lights for the vanity mirror also work.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

In order to remove the sunvisor you have to take a small screwdriver and pop the plastic cover off of the visor pivot point that is holding the visor into the roof and headliner assembly. Once you pop that cover off it will expose two screws. Remove the two screws then give a little bit of a tug and wiggle and the visor will pop down. There's a possibility it could be the new style clip but I don't believe so if that is the case when you slowly pop that cover down it will disengage a metal spring clip and then it's just a matter of disengaging spring clip and then pulling the visor assembly down. You will know as soon as you try and pop that cover off of that pivot point on the end of the visor arm.

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Here is an illustration