Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

Put a head unit in my Avalon 1996 xls it has RCA jacks out.

Customer Question

Put a head unit in my Avalon 1996 xls it has RCA jacks out. I have the after market plug that plungs in to radio plug. The amp from Toyota seems not to power on (no sound) out put what wire turns on amp?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

Brand & Model Number of New Unit?
Brand & Part Number of Wiring Adapter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will have to let you know more when I get home to night
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What color wire from Toyota powers up the original amplifier

this depends on Unit & Wiring Adapter

Typically you will have a BLUE or BLUE / WHITE wire on the Unit & Wiring Adapter
Be sure those are connected

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blue/white to power ant from head unit to car ant. That works good but need to power the amp from Toyota is the wire I need to hookup so amp will work

??

sorry.....you have NOT provided me with the Brand & Model Number of the Unit or Wiring Adapter..........
IF you DO NOT have a BLUE wire at the Unit or Wiring Adapter & only have BLUE / WHITE wire on both, connect them together........
IF you have BLUE / WHITE only on the Unit & BLUE on the Wiring Adapter.....connect them together

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plug kit is a metra 70-8112 and radio is a Ezonetronics BX31060000-F01

You need Voltage + going to the BLUE / WHITE wire of the 8112, which should come from the Unit
IF the Unit does NOT have a BLUE or BLUE / WHITE wire, then connect the 8112 to the Ignition Switch wire of the Unit
.

.
Hello again Lurch here.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about.

If I have helped, please RATE my answer

I would appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
.