Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

Door Lock Actuator handle jammed - Front Right Toyota Seanna

Customer Question

Door Lock Actuator handle jammed - Front Right Toyota Seanna 2004
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Can you clarify what you mean by the door lock actuator handle jammed this is the actual exterior handle that is stuck or broken? Or is the latch/actuator assembly stuck not allowing the door to open?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the latch/actuator assembly stuck not allowing the door to open
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from inside of the vehicle
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Can you get the door open by using the outside latch or door handle? Does the lock work normally? Does the lock and unlock knob does appear to move smoothly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can open from outside, The lock knob work smoothly .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even remotely it works, but not the handle from inside
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems I have to buy a new one ?
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

When you work the inside door handle do you feel any resistance at all or does it appear to be unusually loose compared to the left side in other words does the handle appear to be cracked or does it just move very freely and does not appear to have any resistance like the left side.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It don't move , It cracked the holder I manged to glue it back, I found out that the part to which cable is connected is not at all moving unless I press the lock assembly rod connector.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
High resistance , so I spayed WD 40
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

It is unlikely that the cable was frozen what you're probably going to find is the pivot arm on the actuator itself is frozen. You need to remove the door panel and probably remove the actuator from inside the door in most cases spraying with WD-40 and freeing up the arm on the actuator will take care of this without having the cost of the actuator assembly itself. You obviously need to replace the unit door handle also.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did the same but it did not made any difference.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did it four days ago, no improvement at all. Is there any way I can open the actuator and maintenance it.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Did you remove the actuator from the door itself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I removed and placed it back, since I was n't sure of the outcome.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

The plastic covers that surround the actuator are removable. You should have complete access to this pivot that the cable attaches to to free up. As I recall there are a couple small screws that it just snaps off.

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

The actuator itself is very expensive I believe in the neighborhood of $300. I would take the actuator back out and continue to lube up that pivot once the covers are removed. If you have any questions if you can post a picture of the actuator I could probably zoom in on what you need to remove. I just don't have one handy to give you detailed information on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try it and let you know the results.Since the vehicle is with my wife at work I can do it only by 3PM eastern. Thank you.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome.