Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine
17930070

I would like to know how could I program a replacement key

Customer Question

Hello I would like to know how could I program a replacement key for a 2008 Toyota Camry LE.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Camry.

Are we talking about the actual key that starts the car (with Immobilizer) or a keyfob that locks/unlocks the doors?

Have you done some research about this yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 2008 Toyota Camry I lost my keys so I ordered a replacement key and I would like to know how could i get the key activated or programmed so that I can go to work in my car?

Oh no! So you don't have any keys that will start the car right now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Just the replacement key but its not activated. How could i activate it

The problem here is that you cant activate the key without having a registered Master Key. If you don't have a registered Master key that will start the car right now, the only solution is to have a Professional Locksmith (he/she will come to you) or the Dealer (requires a tow to the Dealer) perform a procedure called a ReSeed. This will allow the new key to be registered (activated) and start the car.

I know that this comes as very bad news and I feel for you but it's the only way.